Simon = "harkening"
1) the second son of Jacob by Leah
2) one of Abraham's descendants
3) the one who took the infant Jesus in his arms in the temple
4) a teacher at the church of Antioch
5) the original name of Peter the apostle
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
From the same as G4613; Symeon (that is, Shimon), the name of five Israelites: - Simeon, Simon.
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root Συμεών; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root Συμεών; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root Συμεών.