Peter = "a rock or stone"
1) Peter was one of the apostles
2) Simon called Zelotes or the Kanaites
3) Simon, father of Judas who betrayed Jesus.
4) Simon Magus, the Samaritan wizard
5) Simon the tanner, Ac. 10
6) Simon the Pharisee, Luk 7:40-44
7) Simon of Cyrene who carried the cross of Christ
8) Simon the cousin of Jesus, the son of Cleophas
9) Simon the leper, so called to distinguish him from others of the same name
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
Of Hebrew origin [H8095]; Simon (that is, Shimon), the name of nine Israelites: - Simon. Compare G4826.