Peter = "a rock or stone"
1) Peter was one of the apostles
2) Simon called Zelotes or the Kanaites
3) Simon, father of Judas who betrayed Jesus.
4) Simon Magus, the Samaritan wizard
5) Simon the tanner, Ac. 10
6) Simon the Pharisee, Luk 7:40-44
7) Simon of Cyrene who carried the cross of Christ
8) Simon the cousin of Jesus, the son of Cleophas
9) Simon the leper, so called to distinguish him from others of the same name
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
Of Hebrew origin [H8095]; Simon (that is, Shimon), the name of nine Israelites: - Simon. Compare G4826.
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root Σίμων; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root Σίμων; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root Σίμων.