1) service, ministering, especially of those who execute the commands of others
2) of those who by the command of God proclaim and promote religion among men
2a) of the office of Moses
2b) of the office of the apostles and its administration
2c) of the office of prophets, evangelists, elders etc.
3) the ministration of those who render to others the offices of Christian affection especially those who help meet need by either collecting or distributing of charities
4) the office of the deacon in the church
5) the service of those who prepare and present food
Part of Speech: noun feminine
Citing in TDNT: 2:87, 152
From G1249; attendance (as a servant, etc.); figuratively (eleemosynary) aid, (official) service (especially of the Christian teacher, or technically of the diaconate): - (ad-) minister (-ing, -tration, -try), office, relief, service (-ing).
|d waiting upon||46.13|
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root διακονία; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root διακονία; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root διακονία.