1) a state of national tranquillity
1a) exemption from the rage and havoc of war
2) peace between individuals, i.e. harmony, concord
3) security, safety, prosperity, felicity, (because peace and harmony make and keep things safe and prosperous)
4) of the Messiah's peace
4a) the way that leads to peace (salvation)
5) of Christianity, the tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot, of whatsoever sort that is
6) the blessed state of devout and upright men after death
Part of Speech: noun feminine
Citing in TDNT: 2:400, 207
Probably from a primary verb εἴρω eirô (to join); peace (literally or figuratively); by implication prosperity: - one, peace, quietness, rest, + set at one again.
|b freedom from worry||25.248|
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root εἰρήνη; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root εἰρήνη; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root εἰρήνη.