1) a calling near, summons, (especially for help)
2) importation, supplication, entreaty
3) exhortation, admonition, encouragement
4) consolation, comfort, solace; that which affords comfort or refreshment
4a) thus of the Messianic salvation (so the Rabbis call the Messiah the consoler, the comforter)
5) persuasive discourse, stirring address
5a) instructive, admonitory, conciliatory, powerful hortatory discourse
Part of Speech: noun feminine
Citing in TDNT: 5:773, 778
From G3870; imploration, hortation, solace: - comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty.
|b earnest request||33.168|
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root παράκλησις; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root παράκλησις; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root παράκλησις.