Judah or Judas = "he shall be praised"
1) the fourth son of Jacob
2) an unknown ancestor of Christ
3) a man surnamed the Galilean, who at the time of the census of Quirinus, excited the revolt in Galilee, Act 5:37
4) a certain Jew of Damascus, Act 9:11
5) a prophet surnamed Barsabas, of the church at Jerusalem, Act 15:22,Act 15:27,Act 15:32
6) the apostle, Joh 14:22, who was surnamed Lebbaeus or Thaddaeus, and according to opinion wrote the Epistle of Jude.
7) the half-brother of Jesus, Mat 13:55
8) Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus
Part of Speech: noun masculine
Of Hebrew origin [H3063]; Judas (that is, Jehudah), the name of ten Israelites; also of the posterity of one of them and its region: - Juda (-h, -s); Jude.
|a Judah or Judas (person)||93.173|
|b Judah (tribe)||93.174|
|c Judah (land)||93.488|
These two sites give similar information, with the definition from several dictionaries and statistics on the use of the word.
Perseus Digital Library
University of Chicago's Logion lexicon
Thayer's dictionary plus other information.
From this site's dictionary (in Italian)
Click on the first column to search for that word as a form of the root Ἰούδας; click on the second column to search for that grammatical form of the root Ἰούδας; click on the third column to search for that word and grammatical form; click on the total to search for the root Ἰούδας.